I would like to blog about what I cook from time to time and this is the first one.
-Drumsticks with veggies–
Ingredients : 1kg of drumsticks, 3 medium potatoes, 1 large carrot, 1 small onion, 1 leek , 2 slices of ginger and 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- You can cut the veggies however you would like.
- Add water so that 1kg of drumsticks gets covered in a pot. Once it is boiled, leave that for 10 min in a medium heat.
- Take the drumsticks out of hot water and wash them off with cold water so that the blood that has come out from the inside gets cleaned.
- Add 350ml of water, 150ml of soy sauce, 15ml of mirin ( sweetened Japanese cooking sake), 3 table spoons of sugar, 2 slices of ginger and 1 tea spoon of crushed ( or finely chopped) garlic.
- Put the drumsticks back into the pot as well as diced (big chunky pieces) potatoes and cook them for 15 min in a medium heat.
- Add chopped leeks, carrots and onions. Cook them for another 15 min.
- That is it. You can plate up as you want .
Please let me know how you go with it👍
If you like this post, please follow my blog and share it 😚